- 4 Eye Fillet Steaks
- Herbs (to season the steaks)
- 12-16 Prawns, shelled & deveined
- 1 Tblsp Butter
- 2 Tsp Crushed Garlic
- 2 Tsp Chopped Chilli
- 500ml Cream
- Dry White Wine
- Rub herbs over your steaks and then cook to your liking, cover and set aside to rest.
- In a pan over medium heat melt the butter, add ½ the garlic & chilli, and cook the prawns until the meat has turned white then season lightly with salt & pepper.
- Remove the prawns from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to low and slowly add the wine, ½ the cream and remaining garlic and chilli, simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the prawns back into the pan, season with salt & pepper to taste and heat through.
- To serve place 3 or 4 prawns & a generous amount of sauce on top of each steak and serve with your favourite vegetables.
If you love seafood then add more into your sauce; all seafood will work well with this recipe, we chose to add some additional crab meat. For those that love to BBQ, this whole dish can be cooked on a BBQ and served with char grilled vegetables.Back to Top